A new update is available from this nigth for our PS Vita system.
New for 2.61
It is now easier to access PlayStation®Network servers so you can upload or download saved data. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation®Plus is necessary.
Tap (PlayStation®Plus) on the LiveArea™ screen of each game.
You can now play content saved on a connected device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, without copying the content to your PS Vita. Select the connected device from the list of categories, and then tap the content to play it instantly.
- The Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® on your computer must be updated.
- [Bluetooth® Settings] has been moved from [Network] settings to the newly added [Devices] settings
- You can now adjust network features from the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button. > See details
- You can now use the PS Vita system’s buttons to customize the home screen. On the home screen, when you press a button on the PS Vita system, the cursor appears on the screen. To enter edit mode, press the button while the cursor is displayed.
- The method for displaying the menu in PSP™Game software and PSOne®Classics software has been changed. When a game is running, press and hold the PS button to display the menu.
- You can now adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Tap (PlayStation®Network), and then tap the game you want to adjust settings for. Tap the (Options) > [Privacy Settings] > [Show Trophies for This Game] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable this setting.
- You can now adjust playback settings, such as those for the screen and subtitles, while watching a streaming video on a Web page. Tap (Options) > [Settings] during playback.
- You can now make detailed adjustments to how closed captions are displayed. During playback, tap the (Options) > [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Display as Specified by Content checkbox to remove the checkmark, and then tap [Advanced Settings] on the screen that is displayed.
- The method for adjusting saved data auto-upload settings has been changed. Settings adjusted on the (Information) screen for each saved data item can now be adjusted with [Select Saved Data] under (Content Manager) > [Start] > (Online Storage) > [Saved Data Auto-Upload]. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation®Plus is necessary.
- [Show Trophies] has been added under [PlayStation®Network] > [Privacy Settings], and you can now adjust the range of who can see information about your earned trophies.
- System software stability during use of some features has been improved.